Important Information for Oral Presentations
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a session speaker at EMC Europe 2014 in Gothenburg. In order to ensure a smooth course during ”your” session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions.
The overall time slot for each presentation is 20 minutes. Plan your speech for a duration of 15 minutes to allow time for questions and discussion.
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly obey the length of a presentation and the announced starting times. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session starts, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
A video projector and a notebook will be available in all session rooms. The use of personal notebooks has to be announced in advance to the technician in each session room.
Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format to EMC Europe 2014 and deliver it in the session room at the conference venue NO LATER than 15 minutes prior to your session! You can of course bring it earlier, in one of the coffee / lunch breaks.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below:
• If preparing your presentation in PowerPoint, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 and 95 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee it will be opened successfully on an on-site PC.
• We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT format instead of PPS.
• All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
• JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
• GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
• Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation.
• We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
• In case, that your video is not inserted in PowerPoint it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2, 4 , AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bit rate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
• In case of Full HD videos, please let us know before the conference and we will test it for you.
• Videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g., VHS cassettes) will not be accepted.
• Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout / style of your presentation.
• Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma
• If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
1: Click on “File”, then “Save As“
2: Check the “Tools“ menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts“
Important Information for Poster Presentations
When preparing the poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience, and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates 1.5 m away.
The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation.
Further, we would like to call the attention of poster presenters to the following items:
• Each poster board is marked with the poster ID-number.
• Your poster number has been sent to you in the presentation schedule and can also be found in the detailed program.
• Poster boards will be marked with poster ID-numbers.
Authors are required to use only the boards corresponding to their posters.
Poster presenters have to hang up their poster on the day of their presentation from 11:00 to 12:30.
The authors will need to stay personally just during their poster session from 13.30 to 14.30 and to remove their posters from the boards from 16:20 to 18:00. Posters left on the boards after the poster sessions, will not be returned by the organisers.
Posters should be fixed to the poster board using removable stripes which will be provided on site.
The display area has the following obligatory maximum dimensions: 90 cm wide and 150 cm high (portrait only).
We recommend producing a poster in A0 size (approx. 84.1 cm wide x 118.9 cm high).